Aynor is a small town in Horry County, South Carolina, United States, south of Galivants Ferry. The population was 560 at the 2010 census and estimated in 2016 to be 763. Aynor High School consistently ranks as among one of the best schools in Horry County.
Aynor was settled as the Eyknor's Farm in the mid-19th century under Jacob Eyknor. After a railway terminus was added along the railroad from Conway, the town was incorporated in 1913. It elected a mayor and town wardens (now town council members). Gabriel Edwards (1849-1938) was elected the first mayor in 1913 and again in 1923 for a non-consecutive second term. The town developed as a center for production of turpentine, tobacco, and cotton as commodity crops. Above Taken From Wikipedia